Friday, July 20, 2012

ABC's Good Morning America is no longer valid news in my opinion



What a sad day it is for Aurora, Colorado and those involved in the shooting at the Palladium Theater late last night. It was packed with people who paid to see the opening of "The Dark Knight Rises," when all of a sudden some crazed, lone gunman threw tear gas into one of the crowded rooms, before taking out a gun and shooting everywhere, wounding 50 people and killing 12. Among the wounded, some were children and the youngest was barely three months old. My thoughts and prayers are with those who survived and also with the families of those who did not. 

Anger doesn't describe what I am feeling about all this. Yes, I am angry with the alleged gunman, 20-something year-old James Holmes. BUT - I strongly doubt that he acted alone. Keep in mind that this is only my opinion. Frustration with ABC News and Good Morning America to the point of pulling my hair out is a mild way of saying it, I guess.  Although my husband loves the news presented from our local ABC affiliate, I do not watch the national news much on non-cable network news. There is a long list of reasons for this, but for today, I am going to focus on just one reason along with a snippet of what GMA had to say about the alleged theater shooter.

My #1 reason:  Think of The National Enquirer, The Star, and The Globe - the old tabloid papers that have been around since I was a kid. Most of the national news has become nothing more than televised versions of these. They do not share the news anymore, and they haven't done so since long before the Oklahoma City Bombing. It is because of those who wanted to control the message not only for the sake of high Nielsen Ratings, but also because they wanted to shape and control the opinions of the American people. So, their idea of news evolved into "investigative reporting" (NBC's Dateline comes to mind).  

It is one thing to become an "investigative reporter." It is an entirely different thing to distort the truth of what you have learned during an investigation. Whatever happened to the old, "Just the facts, ma'am?" I grew up believing that reporters told the truth in all things without inserting their opinions. Now-a-days, all I see are televised Op-eds. Just to name a few, they include the Oklahoma City Bombing, 9-11, the shooting of former Arizona US Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and more recently until today,  George Zimmerman (the man accused of murder in the Trayvon Martin shooting). 

Now we have James Holmes, who has been arrested in Colorado for what could be his involvement in the theater shooting. Earlier today, GMA's Brian Ross has blatantly accused the young Mr. Holmes of being a member of the Tea Party.



Excuse me, Mr. Ross - but I distinctly remember very similar accusations in the 2011 Giffords shooting. Remember Sheriff Dupnik? Let us remind ourselves of his own "vitriol." Check out this video:




An article in the Washington Times describes Dupnik as "the left-wing lawman who shot off his mouth and blamed everyone to the right of President Obama for the January 8  massacre in Tucson." The same sheriff went on to accuse the Tea Party members of being bigots. I think I am beginning to understand a whole lot more here. It is okay for name-calling as long as your a left-winger. News Flash, Mr. Brian Ross -  You and your co-workers are all being exposed for what you are. 

The latest updates I read is that the young man in question may not be registered to vote at all! To make matters worse, GMA goes on another attack and blames social media, and members of the public for this attack before making any attempt to correct their "mistake."

Oops!!


Okay, Mr. Brian Ross; I hope you plan to make a formal apology on national news this evening with Diane Sawyer. You owe it to the people as well as the Tea Party. All of you in the mainstream media, need to stop with the vitriol mudslinging that you falsely claim is coming from conservatives. Stop lying to the American people! I know I've had enough of it!!



No comments:

Post a Comment